VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Gaming > PC Gaming

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 12:24 PM

Default The Passing Gameplay (L4D2)

Advertisement

this is some gameplay of the new DLC called The Passing for L4D2.
as you probably know the old survivors will be in this DLC.
a new DLC for l4d1 will also be released to explain how they got there.
ANYWAY this thread is just to show the gameplay soo yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82L-xUyBTg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3lVqCkYMT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbfDepSHiXQ

A BIG NOTE id like to mention is that left 4 dead 1 had a very gloomy, apocolyptic feeling to it, which l4d2 does not capture as well. it looks VERY much so like The Passing will feel alot more like left 4 dead 1.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Thats awesome, can't wait!!! The guy playing it was funny too.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Ins1d3r

Well this is something new, probably will have to install L4D2 again Yay for new stuff
Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

That's cool. I didn't know they had footage of it already.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Old 03-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Cool DLC.

But can anyone explain to me what the this gap is between Dead Center and Dark Carnival? The only thing I can really think of is the car they used to escape Dead Center ran out of gas or got blocked by something so they need to do whatever they do to continue with the car. The reason why I think this is one of the only reasons is because they end up getting out of the same car at start of Dark Carnival (for those that may not of played the game properly or don't follow the story it has).

Besides this gap they going to explain I can't wait to see all the new things.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Coodoo1134

Wait Balious, what's the problem?

They use the car to get out of Dead Center and at the start of Dark Carnival they run out of gas or they can't drive it past that road, so they get out. They take a helicopter at the end of Dark Carnival and end up in Swamp Fever because the pilot died/became an infected along the way. There they meet Virgil and get out on a boat and end up in Hard Rain. They run out of gas, retrieve more gas, and end up in The Parish. There they cross that bridge and end up in a larger helicopter that takes them out.

Last edited by Coodoo1134; 03-15-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balious View Post
Cool DLC.

But can anyone explain to me what the this gap is between Dead Center and Dark Carnival? The only thing I can really think of is the car they used to escape Dead Center ran out of gas or got blocked by something so they need to do whatever they do to continue with the car. The reason why I think this is one of the only reasons is because they end up getting out of the same car at start of Dark Carnival (for those that may not of played the game properly or don't follow the story it has).

Besides this gap they going to explain I can't wait to see all the new things.

im almost 100% sure that this gap is them running into some survivors with guns... (zoey francis louis bill). thats my feeling. if i was driving along in a zombie apocolypse and i ran into 4 people that were armed i would most certainly stop for a chat
Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coodoo1134 View Post

They use the car to get out of Dead Center and at the start of Dark Carnival they run out of gas or they can't drive it past that road, so they get out. They take a helicopter at the end of Dark Carnival and end up in Swamp Fever because the pilot died/became an infected along the way. There they meet Virgil and get out on a boat and end up in Hard Rain. They run out of gas, retrieve more gas, and end up in The Parish. There they cross that bridge and end up in a larger helicopter that takes them out.
SWEET SPOILERS YO!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coodoo1134 View Post

All this is right but what I mean is The Passing takes place between Dead Center and Dark Carnival. I just want to know why they stopped.

@ChrisDok77
Never really thought it that way that they may of seen the original four as they were driving.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balious View Post
@ChrisDok77
Never really thought it that way that they may of seen the original four as they were driving.

yeah thats what i was kinda thinking, and according to valve they help you out in the finale, id like to see how that turns out :S