VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > News, System Requirements, Deals, Trades, and Giveaways. > Giveaways

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1992 View Post
Hey Jay, just a quick message about the 1 post per day requirement, i personally think thats a tad high, if you are someone like me, who isn't always at home, and so dosen't always have access to the internet, then it proves VERY hard to keep at one post per day, and in a way, it kinda encourages people to spam. Lets be honest there aren't that many threads of which to talk on, or that many active i agree there are a few, but if you fall behind quite badly and want to catch up, its either A) Very hard or B) Possible by only Spamming other threads.

Any if say like me, you sometimes go weeks without internet or being at home, or even in the same city, then as i said it could prove hard, maybe we could find a inbetween that works so that people become active, but not so much so that, people who want to be active can't be.

Maybe it is just me who thinks this, i am not sure, im just saying what i personally think.

Hope this feedback so to speak, is useful in someway.
The 1 Post Per Day rule is fair to everyone, in most occasions members who log in and post on the thread average more than 1 post per visit.

The post per day average requirement will actually increase as more activity in the forums continues to come through. Right now we are just launching the boards, thus for the lack of threads at the moment.

If you do not find any of the topics interesting, you can always help out in the System Requirements section as over 2 thousand games do NOT have their system requirements information filled in. You can also create a thread for just about anything.

Thanks for the post.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 PM

...anything?..hmmm.....

Edit: but yes i agree with the one post average because even if your on once a week or so I'm sure that one time your on, you could find at least 7 threads to post on or start your own.

Last edited by -{NBD)- killawolf; 10-27-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 AM

I like the 1 a day, but that can some times be unfair to some of the people who are on a lot more, and contribute more... Than some of the people who just post once a day and that's it

Spoiler
Old 10-29-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
I like the 1 a day, but that can some times be unfair to some of the people who are on a lot more, and contribute more... Than some of the people who just post once a day and that's it
I think that's perfectly fair. I'm on quite often, but I don't necessarily post or 'contribute' as you call it. Do you want it to get increased to 5 posts per day? I think there are already enough meaningless posts around here, and increasing the ppd will only increase the meaningless posts.

Last edited by Agoroth; 10-29-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Well, because its not always just because I'm not on my pc, its just because I don't have internet access and such, maybe its just me then.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 PM

I see why for some people this could be kind of out of their hands, but for most it is reasonable
Old 10-29-2009, 11:46 PM

Well I just say slightly more, may just make the difference of whos here once a day posting once a day, just a silent 1.1 or something

Spoiler
Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Well I just say slightly more, may just make the difference of whos here once a day posting once a day, just a silent 1.1 or something
As i said, maybe its just me.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 AM

i think 2 is reasonable enough...thats only 2 posts PER DAY, like comeon...its not hard
Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzeus11 View Post
i think 2 is reasonable enough...thats only 2 posts PER DAY, like comeon...its not hard
Like jay said when there's more activity there will be a broader range of topics to comment on. also maybe there's a thread you find interesting but the last post was a few days ago, I'm sure if people that have trouble getting the post requirement looked through some of the older topics as well it would make it easier.