VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > News, System Requirements, Deals, Trades, and Giveaways. > System Requirements

Notices

\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n well, before you even respond. what do you have running in the background? I am assuming that you are booting into Windows XP natively. Are you comfortable with editing the startup items?\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n Follow VGRequirements on Twitter!
\r\n
\r\nEverything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements
\r\n
\r\nMy Steam ID:
\r\nhttp://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr
\r\n
\r\nVGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n

Advertisement

\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[14953] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n  \r\n #2  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n \r\n 11-30-2009, 10:42 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Maclane427\r\n Maclane427 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by Maclane427\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
what are the settings of the persons system that ran the video? The problem may be the apple software that is running in order for windows to recognize the apple devices i.e. touch pad and mighty mouse.
\n
\nWhat could happen if i change the config file? worst case I need to reinstall game?
\nI am willing to try that if thats worst case scenario though i do need to find the saved game folder and copy my saves. Do you know the location of the folder?
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
I am not sure of the settings as he did not state it, but your MacBook specs are better than his computer
\n
\nthis is what he posted in the video info:
\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Dragon Age Origins is a new game and runs good on X3100.
\n-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-
\nMy specs:
\nIntel Dual-Core 1.73 GHz
\nX3100 384 MB
\n2 GB RAM
\nWindows 7 Ultimate
\n-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-
\nMin fps: 5
\nAvg fps: 13
\nMax fps: 20
\n-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-
\nFps with fraps: 5-12
\n-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-' + '-
\nSUSCRIBE. \r\n \r\n
\r\n
as far as editing the config file, nothing catastrophic. Worst case scenario is that you may have to reinstall Dragon Age Origins if something breaks.
\n
\nJust make sure it runs in windowed mode as I am not sure if the Macbook can support that resolution at full screen. Your saved files should be located in "My Documents"\r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nMy Steam ID:
\r\n
\r\nVGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n

Advertisement

\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[14966] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n  \r\n #12  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n \r\n 11-30-2009, 11:23 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Maclane427\r\n Maclane427 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by winter_winds\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
I using windows 7 ultimate,
\nI would like playing @ 1280 x 960 ( this Max Res. My monitor )
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
hmm, that sounds like a laptop resolution (never heard of this resolution honestly )
\n
\nI feel confident in saying that you will be able to run Dragon Age at AT LEAST medium settings.\r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nMy Steam ID:
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n

Advertisement

\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[15137] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n  \r\n #22  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n \r\n 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
winter_winds\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n winter_winds\r\n winter_winds is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
Quote:
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Originally Posted by avery115\r\n View Post\r\n
\r\n
could a nvidia 8500 512 mb geforce graphics card run this game good?
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
yeah you should be able to crank it to medium settings if you tinker around with it enough.
\n
\nHowever, this also depends on how your other specs are.\r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nMy Steam ID:
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n

Advertisement

\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[15731] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n  \r\n #32  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n \r\n 12-16-2009, 01:18 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
winter_winds\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n winter_winds\r\n winter_winds is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 PM

what are the settings of the persons system that ran the video? The problem may be the apple software that is running in order for windows to recognize the apple devices i.e. touch pad and mighty mouse.

What could happen if i change the config file? worst case I need to reinstall game?
I am willing to try that if thats worst case scenario though i do need to find the saved game folder and copy my saves. Do you know the location of the folder?