VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > News, System Requirements, Deals, Trades, and Giveaways. > PC Hardware & Software News

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 05:37 PM

Advertisement

wait.... so they are not making it for pc?

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Yup. At least not for now, at best we're going to see a port 6-12 months later.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Sigh, EA and their lack of support for their pc fans. First, it was the sports games, now it's dead space..
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid View Post
Yup. At least not for now, at best we're going to see a port 6-12 months later.
i have no problem with that, the original dead space came months later as well.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Yeah, but how is the PC version supposed to sell better when most people will get it on consoles, even the PC gamers who have consoles won't wait if they want to play it. Then there's no marketing when the PC version comes out, add some piracy to that and you end up with crappy sales and "PC SKU under consideration".
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 PM

Capcom does this with Resident Evil too. They did it with Resident Evil 4 and 5. I have no idea why companies are "considering" putting it on the PC. It has the largest fan base and largest potential profit margin of all. There is no bias, (unless your talking about a Mac vs. PC) but seriously. Piracy is a lame excuse to cut down production costs.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM

just feels like all the games are console ports
most games arent just for pc then for consoles anymore
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 AM

Location: Somewhere to your left, hiding behind the furniture

I have always been a fan of the survival horror school of fear. However I have not always been a fan of how the message of fear is conveyed. The Resident Evil class of fear of the unknown will always pail in comparison to the Silent Hill class of chaos. This is closer to what I can compare Dead Space to, Silent Hill. Granted I only played it on the Xbox but he atmosphere is a major player in the genre. I hope they stick to the way previously used and use a good scare system in tandem with a great atmosphere. Otherwise, Dead Space 2 will flop. (In my humble opinion)
Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtek View Post
I have always been a fan of the survival horror school of fear. However I have not always been a fan of how the message of fear is conveyed. The Resident Evil class of fear of the unknown will always pail in comparison to the Silent Hill class of chaos. This is closer to what I can compare Dead Space to, Silent Hill. Granted I only played it on the Xbox but he atmosphere is a major player in the genre. I hope they stick to the way previously used and use a good scare system in tandem with a great atmosphere. Otherwise, Dead Space 2 will flop. (In my humble opinion)
Silent Hill is a great franchise, I have been playing Shattered Memories on the Wii.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Officially confirmed: DS2 is coming to the PC. http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...ed-For-PC.html