VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > News, System Requirements, Deals, Trades, and Giveaways. > PC Hardware & Software News

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Default PC Version of Dead Space 2 is "Under Consideration"

Advertisement

This could be bad news, as I enjoyed Dead Space very much.
Quote:
[UPDATE] EA officially responds to reports of sci-fi horror game's demise, saying it's not officially canceled--but not in active development either.

[UPDATE] Following Tuesday's reports that Dead Space 2 had been canceled for the PC, Electronic Arts has released an official statement regarding the game. "Visceral Studios is dedicated to delivering an outstanding Dead Space sequel for the Xbox 360 and PS3," a company rep said, "A PC SKU is under consideration. Nothing additional at this time." The original story is below.

On Monday, the PC edition of Dead Space 2 was curiously absent from Electronic Arts' release calendar for its next fiscal year. Though the console and newly revealed handheld editions of the sci-fi horror game were listed as arriving in the January-March quarter of 2011, the Games for Windows edition--announced just in December--was missing in action.

Unfortunately, like many things that go missing, Dead Space 2 appears to be gone altogether on the PC. Venerable game news site Blue's News is quoting an EA rep as saying, "As of right now a PC SKU is not in the plan." As of press time, the publisher had not responded to requests for clarification from GameSpot.

Dead Space 2's cancellation on the PC comes just a month and a half after it was officially announced as coming to the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. However, the move isn't so shocking, considering the fact that the original Dead Space sold under 40,000 copies at retail on the PC domestically, according to NPD Group figures. NPD figures do not, however, include digital distribution, which makes up an increasingly large slice of PC game sales.
SOURCE:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/de...atures;title;1

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Yeah, a bummer. I loved DS. But it may not be a bad thing, they are making the game more action-horror than survival one which lessens my interest in it by 40%. Without the atmosphere, the feel that you will be attacked any second and you have 10 "bullets"... all of that builds up for the amazing experience I had with the game. Now it looks like it may be more Gears of War-y. Wish hem luck regardless, though.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Coodoo1134

My friend bought Dead Space. He had horrible mouse lag that he never got fixed. I tried it on my computer and had the same problem. It was fun, but made it nearly impossible to play!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 AM

I loved playing the first one. This is bad news indeed but seeing whats in DS2 I am slowly losing interest. Especially when one of the creatures look very similar to the one in Killing Floor.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

What a shame, DS was such a good game.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to Tyran

Dead space was fun, I love how u could stomp on them, reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_RWpWKATw
Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM

this makes me so sad
Old 02-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Awww...
Why don't they like PCs?

Well, I haven't even finished the first one yet anyway. (Too scared. Or jumpy or wth you guys call it.)

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO JOIN THE NEW VGR FORUMS! (except for Jay) IN YO' FACE!!!

Zeek roolz!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM

its all good on ps3 though right?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzeus11 View Post
its all good on ps3 though right?
Yeah, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 should be fine.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806