VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > News, System Requirements, Deals, Trades, and Giveaways. > System Requirements

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Advertisement

what are the settings of the persons system that ran the video? The problem may be the apple software that is running in order for windows to recognize the apple devices i.e. touch pad and mighty mouse.

What could happen if i change the config file? worst case I need to reinstall game?
I am willing to try that if thats worst case scenario though i do need to find the saved game folder and copy my saves. Do you know the location of the folder?

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maclane427 View Post
what are the settings of the persons system that ran the video? The problem may be the apple software that is running in order for windows to recognize the apple devices i.e. touch pad and mighty mouse.

What could happen if i change the config file? worst case I need to reinstall game?
I am willing to try that if thats worst case scenario though i do need to find the saved game folder and copy my saves. Do you know the location of the folder?
I am not sure of the settings as he did not state it, but your MacBook specs are better than his computer

this is what he posted in the video info:
Quote:
Dragon Age Origins is a new game and runs good on X3100.
-------------------------
My specs:
Intel Dual-Core 1.73 GHz
X3100 384 MB
2 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
------------------------------
Min fps: 5
Avg fps: 13
Max fps: 20
-----------------------------
Fps with fraps: 5-12
----------------------------
SUSCRIBE.
as far as editing the config file, nothing catastrophic. Worst case scenario is that you may have to reinstall Dragon Age Origins if something breaks.

Just make sure it runs in windowed mode as I am not sure if the Macbook can support that resolution at full screen. Your saved files should be located in "My Documents"

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM

He has more MB dedicated to graphics as mine only registers 128 MB. How do I dedicate more Ram to Video if possible?

even though the game is set to run at 800 x 600 my intel GMA is set at 1280 x 800 x 32bpp with 60hz refresh rate. will this cause any changes in gameplay or is this only the res for the system outside of gameplay?

will downloading newer patch help?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
He has more MB dedicated to graphics as mine only registers 128 MB. How do I dedicate more Ram to Video if possible?

even though the game is set to run at 800 x 600 my intel GMA is set at 1280 x 800 x 32bpp with 60hz refresh rate. will this cause any changes in gameplay or is this only the res for the system outside of gameplay?

will downloading newer patch help?
with integrated intel graphics found in macbooks, the memory is dynamically allocated. It does it automatically, borrowing as much as it needs...making all the ram you have all that important.

Patch? for the game? I think it may work...is this the steam version of Dragon Age? Steam usually keeps your games up to date. Try to search for driver updates for all your parts...that usually helps out when it comes to performance. going to windowsupdate.com usually lets you know if you need to update drivers with "optional updates"

My Steam ID:

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 PM

I updated boot camp and downloaded v1.01b patch for Dragon age. I am running the game in windowed mode but that hasnt changed much since the resolution is still the same. alas I think the best thing is to get another comp. I am waiting for mac to go to the quad core. There have been rumors of clarksfield macbook pros coming in early 2010with ATI GPUs. Otherwise i will just have to build a desktop to go to the new quad cores(lga 1366) and purchase a dedicated GPU.

I thank you very much for your help in this. I was quite amazed and impressed with how quickly my questions were being answered in detail.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I updated boot camp and downloaded v1.01b patch for Dragon age. I am running the game in windowed mode but that hasnt changed much since the resolution is still the same. alas I think the best thing is to get another comp. I am waiting for mac to go to the quad core. There have been rumors of clarksfield macbook pros coming in early 2010with ATI GPUs. Otherwise i will just have to build a desktop to go to the new quad cores(lga 1366) and purchase a dedicated GPU.

I thank you very much for your help in this. I was quite amazed and impressed with how quickly my questions were being answered in detail.
anytime, I am glad to help.

Yeah I have been hearing the rumors of a slight chance of the 17-Inch MacBook Pro's having a Quad Core option in January. Should be interesting to watch, as I am looking to get a new laptop around that time.

My Steam ID:

Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 PM

I modified the config file to run 640 x 480 res in windowed format. there was a slight benefit but not enough to warrant using 640 x 480 windowed as opposed to 800 x 600 full screen. The auto config utility that installs with the game works suprisingly well.

Do you think they will use the core 2 quad series or jump right to i5 and i7 like their desktop counterparts? I would like to wait for the i7 becuase it seems as though the core 2 quads are already on their way out.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I modified the config file to run 640 x 480 res in windowed format. there was a slight benefit but not enough to warrant using 640 x 480 windowed as opposed to 800 x 600 full screen. The auto config utility that installs with the game works suprisingly well.

Do you think they will use the core 2 quad series or jump right to i5 and i7 like their desktop counterparts? I would like to wait for the i7 becuase it seems as though the core 2 quads are already on their way out.
i would assume the Core i5 and i7 just like the iMacs (iMacs and MacBooks use pretty much the same parts in previous generations).

Asus, Toshiba, Acer, and even HP have laptops shipping with Core i7 chips already and are selling at fairly reasonable prices.

My Steam ID:

Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to winter_winds

Hi...i new here..

i got ...

AMD Athlon™ Dual Core 7750 @ 2.7 GHz
2 GB DDR II (next Week I'll upgrade to 4 GB)
ATI HD 4870 1 GB DDR 5

any change for playing this game @ High settings ???
i'm a little worry about My proc.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_winds View Post
Hi...i new here..

i got ...

AMD Athlon™ Dual Core 7750 @ 2.7 GHz
2 GB DDR II (next Week I'll upgrade to 4 GB)
ATI HD 4870 1 GB DDR 5

any change for playing this game @ High settings ???
i'm a little worry about My proc.
hey there, the upgrade to 4 GB will definitely help you.

With that setup I say you will probably get anywhere from Medium-High Settings...not bad at all.

What Operating System are you using? and what resolution do you like playing at?

My Steam ID: