VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Off-Topic > It's all Politics & Religion

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 04:49 PM

on both sides there are people who are exceedingly ignorant and narrow minded, I myself am christian but I have friends that are Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, and Atheist so i always try my best to keep an open mind about religion.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

Quote:
Originally Posted by -{NBD)- killawolf View Post
on both sides there are people who are exceedingly ignorant and narrow minded, I myself am christian but I have friends that are Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, and Atheist so i always try my best to keep an open mind about religion.
Those are quite a lot of mixtures.
Over here all me friends are either (half) christian or atheist.
There are quite a lot of orthodox jews and normal(?) jews here though.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM

I'm athiest.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Agnosticism isn't a religious belief but a philosophical view.
As far as a simple view goes:
Atheism - Absence of belief in deities.
Agnostic Atheism - Absence of belief in deities, but the true fact is most likely unknowable.
Agnostic Theism - Belief in deitiy(s), but the true facts are most likely unknowable.
Theism - Belief in deity(s).

To say that you're completely agnostic means that you are a being of pure apathy and the entirety of the world that debates these things is unknown to you.

As for the main debate, I like Russell's teapot:

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

Therefore, it is not up to sciece to try and disprove God, it is up to religion to prove God. Yet, since the entirety of faith and belief is based on 'blind', truthless belief, it is impossible to prove.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to marksman_sniper

It truly is impossible to prove that but what facts do we have that may prove that? Some Buddhists claim that they have meditated and seen hell which makes me actually shudder because I don't believe in it, better said I don't want to believe it. I also dismiss religion because in my view, if you have religion you are bound by the laws of that religion, I would never do anything that bad(hopefully) that would send me tumbling down into hell but I want to live without limits, no religion, no limitations or rules. And if I do anything bad I won't go to hell because I don't believe in that religion.

That's my view and opinion of Religion, in short, it's a waste of your time, don't even waste your precious time of life thinking about this 'stuff'.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman_sniper View Post
That's my view and opinion of Religion, in short, it's a waste of your time, don't even waste your precious time of life thinking about this 'stuff'.
well then again the idea of hope can help someone get through a tough time, whether its there or not the thought an idea of it for some people helps. though unfortunately most religious youth are raised religious and do not get any exposure to other cultures and usually don't get their own choice in some of their own beliefs.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:09 AM

I don't believe in Religion 0.7
But if Religion class sticks me in a class with a hot girl(possibly my new girlfriend) then there must be something called god, so I believe in Religion 0.3.
I'll probably believe in Religion 0.5 if god doesn't let me down in getting that girl.
Everybody must get stoned! - Bob Dylan
Keep Walking -Johnnie Walker
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman_sniper View Post
I don't believe in Religion 0.7
But if Religion class sticks me in a class with a hot girl(possibly my new girlfriend) then there must be something called god, so I believe in Religion 0.3.
I'll probably believe in Religion 0.5 if god doesn't let me down in getting that girl.

... I'd share one of my 2 girlfriends, soon maybe 3? but... IDK which one I like yet..

Spoiler
Old 11-24-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
... I'd share one of my 2 girlfriends, soon maybe 3? but... IDK which one I like yet..
lol you lucky bastard, I just started with this thing on the start of this school year. Already 1 failure because I rushed, but this one will be successful
Everybody must get stoned! - Bob Dylan
Keep Walking -Johnnie Walker
Old 11-26-2009, 12:25 AM

Ehh it's not as great as you think

Spoiler