VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Gaming > Console Gaming

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Default Lost Planet 2 is now coming out 1 week earlier.

Advertisement

I want to play this, but felt burned by the first one. Either way its good news for XBOX 360 and PS3 owners.

PC version is due out in the "Fall"

SOURCE: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6254237.html

Quote:
Capcom to launch sci-fi shooter sequel on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 May 11, PC version slated for fall; new multiplayer demo coming next month.

Lost Planet 2 was originally expected to launch before the end of March, but the publisher pushed it back to May 18 in order to avoid an unusually potent assortment of high-profile competition. Since that time, Capcom has seen publisher after publisher announce their potential blockbusters to launch on the same day. First Alan Wake was slated for May 18, then Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Split/Second, and finally Red Dead Redemption.

Capcom has apparently seen enough, because today the publisher moved Lost Planet 2's launch date up a week to May 11. It also gave the PC version of the game a release window, saying that it would follow the console editions onto shelves this fall.

To whet players' appetites for the game, Capcom also announced that it will release a new multiplayer demo of the game on the Xbox 360 April 21 and on the PlayStation Network April 22. The 16-player versus mode demo will include a single map, as well as chat support and stat tracking features.

Lost Planet 2 is set 10 years after the original, following substantial terraforming on EDN III that replaced the frigid tundra with large swaths of lush forests. Its campaign will follow the protagonist and three non-player characters through six chapters, each of which will have multiple outcomes that hinge on players' actions.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM

This is good news for those that want to play Lost Planet 2 early. Now they are getting the game earlier then they expected.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Well, they just lost my 50$ on this one. Fall? Fuck that, I'll be busy playing StarCraft 2, Brink, Lead and Gold, probably Rage, Heroes of Newerth and so many more games then.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 AM

I didn't like LP1 that much.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I've played the new MP demo for LP2, lots of issues still. The main issue, in 4 of 7 games, if I was killed, the game locked up temporarily, then booted me to the lobby... basically making it unplayable. The other 3 games were fine, outside of some definitely annoying hit detection issues.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

I haven't played the first one and I doubt I will.
I'm not such a big fan of sci-fi.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Location: Bergen - Norway - The rainy place where all the vikings live side by side with polar bears^^

The first game never caught me, so i don't think i'll buy this one either. Not my kind of game.

Pandas are the least racist animals. They are White, Black AND Asian!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM

i tried playing the demo and really disliked it, for one thing the tutorial was in xbox buttons so i had no ideas what buttons were which. and all around just didnt like it.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 PM

From what I saw of the multiplayer mode I don't think I'll be missing much. Which is good since I don't have the budget to buy all the games that I'm interested anyway.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Capcom's staggered PC releases suck. Dark Void was simultaneous, but not Lost Planet 2 (and if I'm not mistaken, Dead Rising 2, as well)? Ugh. And PC isn't getting Super SF4, or the RE5 DLC at all. Blahhh, Capcom!