VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Gaming > PC Gaming

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Default Civilization V

Advertisement

Anyone else looking forward to this game? I've never been a Civ player but I always wanted to be one - just never got the patience to learn all the stuff in the game. Now as a bit older (and wiser I would hope ) I'm going to give this a fair chance and try to immerse myself in these grand strategies some more. By the looks of it they are making it even easier to get into which makes me even more eager to get my hands on it.

System Requirements:
Quote:
Many of you have been asking for this for a while now, and so I am happy to finally present to you the official system requirements for Civilization V:

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 512 MB ATI 4800 series or better, 512 MB nVidia 9800 series or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries and Microsoft DirectX.

Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details
The recommended are quite high for what is essentially a board game but I suppose the new animations and battle mechanics will be quite demanding. They will also release a demo in September.

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Personally, I prefer tabletop gaming. Every Sunday after a few rounds in the range I get together with friends and family and play board games like ZOMBIES!!!, Axis and Allies, RISK and Yahtzee.

With that said - CIV is a great series. I no longer pay for games but CIV will always have a place in my heart. CIV 5 looks good but most of the people (4.5 - 4 adults and one minor) that I play with that like this type of game are still playing CIV 3 and/or FreeCiv. They are not going anywhere either.

I wish the makers success with this one.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM

One time, me and my brother's decided to play a short game of Civ3. It took 6 hours. A SHORT GAME.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosts View Post
One time, me and my brother's decided to play a short game of Civ3. It took 6 hours. A SHORT GAME.
jesus happens to me all the time. i try and play one match and it takes a whole day,