Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Off-Topic > Cellphones & Other Tech

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Administrator

Default Leaked Nexus One Documents: $530 Unlocked, $180 With T-Mobile

Advertisement

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...1page2wtmk.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...1page1wtmk.jpg

A tipster just sent in these Nexus One screenshots that supposedly confirms two things: that Google will sell it unlocked and unsubsidized for $530, and that Google will sell it by themselves. Plus, some other very interesting details.

Some of the most important bits of info we extracted (assuming the tipster is accurate, and it seems like he is). Oh, and take a look at our hands on with the device in case you haven't familiarized yourself with it yet.

• Yeah, it's $530 unsubsidized. Google's not going to be selling the phone at cost, like so many people considered. They're not going to save us from the "making money off of hardware" culture we've got right now, so this is basically just another Android handset, albeit a really good one
• If you want it subsidized, you'll have to sign up for a 2 year mandatory contract and pay $180 for the phone
• There's only one rate plan: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 total
• Existing customers cannot keep their plan if they want a subsidized phone; they have to change to the one plan, and this only applies to accounts with one single line
• If that doesn't fly with you, you have to buy the $530 unlocked version—this actually might save you money over two years if you already have a cheap plan
• Family plans, Flexpay, SmartAccess and KidConnect subscribers must buy the phone unlocked and unsubsidized for $530
• You can only buy five Nexus One phones per Google account
• There is language in the agreement of shipping outside the US
• Google will sell it at google.com/phone, which explains what they were doing with that page a few weeks ago
• Google will still call it the Nexus One apparently, and not the Google Phone

And here is a big one:
• If you cancel your plan before 120 days, you have to pay the subsidy difference between what you paid and the unsubsidized price, so $350 in this case. Or you can return the phone to Google. You also authorize them to charge this directly to your credit card.

One weirdness in the Terms of Sale that we quickly glanced through was that Google made sure you acknowledged that the manufacturer is HTC, and not Google.

http://gizmodo.com/5436673/leaked-ne...-with-t+mobile

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Administrator

I am on T-Mobile right now, I might go ahead and use my upgrade on this...so tempting.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Mutte

There's a wide gap between the two prices.
It probably is a good deal for T-mobile users, since the price is reasonable then.
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Damn...... That is a pretty nice phone. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those. And I really like how you don't have to eBay it if you want to buy it unlocked :P It's gonna be a money maker people!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 PM

Ohh, that phone looks pretty nice. I don't know if this phone is in canada but if it is, nice.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM

I'm just wondering something.
How big difference does a multi-touch screen have against a "single-touch"?
Is it MUCH easier to use a multi-touch screen than a "single-touch"?
If it works just as good with a "single-touch" screen as with a multi-touch I'm so gonna get this phone.

Damn this got messy. xD

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO JOIN THE NEW VGR FORUMS! (except for Jay) IN YO' FACE!!!

Zeek roolz!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 PM

hmm good to hear