VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Gaming > PC Gaming

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Coodoo1134's Avatar
Coodoo1134 Coodoo1134 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 271
Send a message via AIM to Coodoo1134
Default

Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeatH View Post
What surprises me the most of all these people shouting "Expansion!" at L4D2 is all of the EA Sports/2k Sports titles. Sure, they may only be sports games, but there is a new one released every year with MINOR adjustments and changes. However, when these games are announced and released, they end up being some of the top sellers for months on end. Just take a look at Madden NFL '10 and Fifa '10. I don't see near as much complaining about these titles being more fit as DLC opposed to a full $60 sequel, and yet they still do incredibly well on the sales charts. Valve has a committed promise to keep L4D intact with updates and DLC, and they're doing just that.

What also surprises me though, are people whom have L4D2 preordered and still state it should be an expansion pack. If you truly believe this, then cancel your preorder and wait for the price to drop down to what YOU believe is fair. They're completely canceling out their statements by preordering the game.

IMO, pre-order a game you are hyped about. If you're not hyped about it, then you will more likely than not, be disappointed when the game is released. Wait for a lower price and snag something you truly are anxious for. Otherwise, it's almost a guaranteed waste of time.
They're changing the gameplay for people who preorder. Doesn't that bother you a little?

And I didn't expect Left 4 Dead to do what Madden NFL '10 and Fifa '10 did. As for updates and DLC, this was to be expected whether or not L4D2 came out. They've made promises that don't mean a thing.

I wish I could just pay for it, but maybe I'll just wait for L4D3 to come out in about a year.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

  #12  
Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 AM
DeatH's Avatar
DeatH DeatH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coodoo1134 View Post
They're changing the gameplay for people who preorder. Doesn't that bother you a little?

And I didn't expect Left 4 Dead to do what Madden NFL '10 and Fifa '10 did. As for updates and DLC, this was to be expected whether or not L4D2 came out. They've made promises that don't mean a thing.

I wish I could just pay for it, but maybe I'll just wait for L4D3 to come out in about a year.
Well for one, I'd like to know how the gameplay will be changed for preorders, unless of course you're talking about the baseball bat. In that case, everyone playing in a match with someone who has it, get's the weapon. Aside from that, I'm curious as to what advantage the preorder has. Gamestop, EBGames, Best Buy etc have all been doing preorder specials, so this is really no different in that case.

I don't see how L4D2 is following Madden or Fifa in any way at all, besides being released within a year. The majority of hardcore L4D players I have met don't play much anymore, albeit there is still a great fanbase. I'd really like to know what most game's sequels do so groundbreaking when they wait an extra year to release. Valve's promises have never meant anything, remember? They only have one of the largest fan/community bases.

To your last statement, that's the first argument that makes sense in this Anti-L4D2 campaign. If people are that concerned, they'll have no problem waiting extra time for what they believe to be a "true" sequel. If there's any problem to them, they're contradicting every relevant point they address in bashing L4D2.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 AM
cloud|sofa's Avatar
cloud|sofa cloud|sofa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 133
Default

baseball bat really isnt anything basically a skin
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Coodoo1134's Avatar
Coodoo1134 Coodoo1134 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 271
Send a message via AIM to Coodoo1134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeatH View Post
Well for one, I'd like to know how the gameplay will be changed for preorders, unless of course you're talking about the baseball bat. In that case, everyone playing in a match with someone who has it, get's the weapon. Aside from that, I'm curious as to what advantage the preorder has. Gamestop, EBGames, Best Buy etc have all been doing preorder specials, so this is really no different in that case.

I don't see how L4D2 is following Madden or Fifa in any way at all, besides being released within a year. The majority of hardcore L4D players I have met don't play much anymore, albeit there is still a great fanbase. I'd really like to know what most game's sequels do so groundbreaking when they wait an extra year to release. Valve's promises have never meant anything, remember? They only have one of the largest fan/community bases.

To your last statement, that's the first argument that makes sense in this Anti-L4D2 campaign. If people are that concerned, they'll have no problem waiting extra time for what they believe to be a "true" sequel. If there's any problem to them, they're contradicting every relevant point they address in bashing L4D2.
People who have the baseball bat will always have the baseball bat, whereas people who do not will not. Suddenly, people who preorder are special, and there are a lot of people who would preorder to have something that other people do not. Sales go up, and the number of people playing the original go down.

Just remember Team Fortress 2. Could they have done something similar to Left 4 Dead? Didn't they promise that kind of support: constantly adding new classes, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics? The comparison between the two is just disappointing, but I guess this wasn't what they were aiming for in the end.

YOU related L4D to "the EA Sports/2k Sports titles," and you were right to say that those games didn't recieve as many complaints. I didn't see Left 4 Dead 2 coming as I would've expected EA Sports to do though. Surprise!

Finally, that last comment I made was sarcasm. You can't make an argument for something that doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Lopez's Avatar
Lopez Lopez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 101
Default

People also need to bare in mind that Left 4 Dead was the first game of it's kind. There are fundamental issues with the version of source that it runs on that at this juncture it's fair to say Valve aren't able to fix without re-writing the code that it runs on. Hence, Left 4 Dead 2. Expect better performance, better visuals and better gameplay. I don't remember Valve ever promising heaps of new content for L4D (if you have a link to a blog post or whatever then feel free to show me) but rather, people assumed that's what they'd be getting after TF2 came out.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Iliekcakes Iliekcakes is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 71
Default

Definitely L4D2.

I never liked lags in multiplayer FPS games... Non dedicated servers = No no.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Mutte's Avatar
Mutte Mutte is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, Beveren
Posts: 967
Send a message via MSN to Mutte
Default

I personally am going to buy both.
But if I really would have to chose between the two then I guess I would pick L4D2, because the melee weapons are totally awesome.
I've also became less disappointed about the dedicated servers anymore since I read Fourzerotwo's blog post which explained quite a lot about the matchmaking.
(http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745)
__________________
Add me on Xfire !
Add me on Steam !
Add 'Mutte' @ BFBC2
PSN ID: MutteBE
StarCraft II (EU): Mutte.806
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
DeatH's Avatar
DeatH DeatH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coodoo1134 View Post
People who have the baseball bat will always have the baseball bat, whereas people who do not will not. Suddenly, people who preorder are special, and there are a lot of people who would preorder to have something that other people do not. Sales go up, and the number of people playing the original go down.

Just remember Team Fortress 2. Could they have done something similar to Left 4 Dead? Didn't they promise that kind of support: constantly adding new classes, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics? The comparison between the two is just disappointing, but I guess this wasn't what they were aiming for in the end.

YOU related L4D to "the EA Sports/2k Sports titles," and you were right to say that those games didn't recieve as many complaints. I didn't see Left 4 Dead 2 coming as I would've expected EA Sports to do though. Surprise!

Finally, that last comment I made was sarcasm. You can't make an argument for something that doesn't exist.
Well for one, the baseball bat is nothing but a reskin, so if it really bothers you that much, all I can say is I'm sorry. Your logic there is completely off. It partially makes sense, but to get riled up over a simple bat is rather taking it far, don't you think?

And actually, the only thing I related L4D2 to the EA/2k Sports games was the fact that L4D2 is being released within a year. Aside from that, there's no comparison. Valve hasn't made "minor" adjustments to L4D2, they've made copious amounts of changes. Whereas the new sports games being released are usually nothing but shiny graphics. There is no comparison between the 2, aside from the fact that I can guarantee no matter how many people won't buy L4D2, it will still sell incredibly well.

As far as the original L4D getting DLC, I really want to know where Valve stated that they will not release any of the above that you stated. I'd like a link, because as far as I know, they haven't said anything even remotely close to that. Everyone wants this DLC and they want it right now. Patience is a virtue, especially in the life of a gamer.

To your last statement, oh yeah it was sarcasm. Regardless, it still makes perfect sense. If you are going to bicker about the sequel, then this series is obviously not your bag. Don't complain, simply let it be and go buy something else. I don't have to have a 100% reworked game to experience the fun I did with L4D. To this day, Valve games are the only games I've ever accomplished more than 100 hours on, and I don't see L4D2 being any different.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Balious Balious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 556
Default

People seem to be forgetting if someone that pre-ordered l4d2 enters a game with people that don't have it. Everyone will have it for that game. Unless I gone blind and it was mentioned. And is the bat really that important?

Out of these two games My vote goes to L4D2.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
heyzeus11's Avatar
heyzeus11 heyzeus11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDok77 View Post
i kinda agree,
except just so you know its not supposed to have a storyline, its a multiplayer game. and you say you only played singleplayer mostly. thats like sitting on an empty cod4 server...
well not really, it shouldnt be meant to be a multiplayer game and it shold have a story. and its not really like sitting in an empty server, its more like playing a co-op game like army of two, by yourself with the ai


oh and the thing about sports games is dumb, people SHOULD complaign and make it dlc, but they dont, the last sports game i bought was a hockey game, and ive never bought one since then. because all they do basically is add some new features (SOME) and new players, but all the players looked and played the same on ps2..

Last edited by heyzeus11; 10-21-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
call of duty, left 4 dead 2, modern warfare 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L4D2 boycott is over CakesOnAPlane PC Gaming 10 10-19-2009 10:47 PM
New L4D2 Campaign Posters! CakesOnAPlane PC Hardware & Software News 7 10-10-2009 10:52 PM
New L4D2 Gamemode cloud|sofa PC Gaming 1 10-10-2009 01:09 AM
What is the l4d2 special baseball bat? piddles PC Gaming 10 10-09-2009 01:26 PM
L4D2 giveaway ends on my birthday piddles General Forum 5 10-04-2009 07:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Click to see how many people are online