VGRequirements Forums  

Go Back   VGRequirements Forums > Off-Topic > General Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg MB View Post
I would say 3 days max if your applying for the give away you should at least be some what of a regular and sign in at least once every couple of days.

Just remember when the giveaway ends and sign in a day or 2 after to see if you have won.

Thats just my opinion, as far as everybody posting "who won" why should we say it ruins that fact that its a random giveaway its not random say if jay posts "The winner of the l4d 2 giveaway is "insert random people here" .

Anyway just stating the obvious take care.
3 days isnt much, what if your computer breaks for a week, and you won l4d2 imagine how mad you would be signing on and it saying 2 private messages "YOU WON L4D2" and "Sorry but you did not redeem l4d2 in time, so you lose." theres just multiple circumstances that could keep you away from the computer for more than 3 days i think maybe 10 days would be good

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM

i think 5 working days is just fine , and if your pc is broke im sure you'll find a resource to internet in 5 days to check your messages
Old 10-11-2009, 03:26 PM

Perhaps we could have one thread where if the winner wants to can say they won that giveaway. That way it should stop people making threads asking who won and they get to congratulate the winner.

I would post in that Resident Evil 5 giveaway but I already have it

If one week is too long then 10 days surely is too long. What happen if the deal ends before you get the prize? 5 however seems to fit. Gives lots of people time to check their messages and reply to Jay.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balious View Post
Perhaps we could have one thread where if the winner wants to can say they won that giveaway. That way it should stop people making threads asking who won and they get to congratulate the winner.

I would post in that Resident Evil 5 giveaway but I already have it

If one week is too long then 10 days surely is too long. What happen if the deal ends before you get the prize? 5 however seems to fit. Gives lots of people time to check their messages and reply to Jay.
I'm curious as to why we need any type of thread like this to begin with. If you didn't get a PM, you didn't win. Simple as that! What satisfaction is there in knowing who won?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeatH View Post
I'm curious as to why we need any type of thread like this to begin with. If you didn't get a PM, you didn't win. Simple as that! What satisfaction is there in knowing who won?
well its to make sure you didnt win, cause th pms dont get sent out right away it takes a while and the waiting for the pming is like death
Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyzeus11 View Post
well its to make sure you didnt win, cause th pms dont get sent out right away it takes a while and the waiting for the pming is like death
it actually does not take long, most giveaway notifications are sent in less than 1 hour. Usually within 5-10 minutes after.

Like I posted earlier, I will keep this up but these kind of threads are going to have to stop. An outsider looking in may even start to question the legitimacy of the giveaways if there are so many questions floating around.

Everything you need to know about Giveaways on VGRequirements

My Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jayvgr

VGRequirements will NEVER ask you for your password to ANY website or service, if you get a private message asking you for one...let me know IMMEDIATELY. VGRequirements does NOT alert people if they have virus/spyware related issues. If you get any Private Message claiming we do, please do NOT click on any links in the private message and FORWARD the message to me IMMEDIATELY.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Congratulations coodoo1134...

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO JOIN THE NEW VGR FORUMS! (except for Jay) IN YO' FACE!!!

Zeek roolz!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Well that is partially understandable, but your impatience isn't quite a legitimate reason to question who won :P I've won a giveaway and it took as long as Jay said for my PM to come in, 5-10 minutes. If you can't wait that long, then there is something wrong.

Congratulations to Coodoo though, enjoy the game
Old 10-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeatH View Post
Well that is partially understandable, but your impatience isn't quite a legitimate reason to question who won :P I've won a giveaway and it took as long as Jay said for my PM to come in, 5-10 minutes. If you can't wait that long, then there is something wrong.

Congratulations to Coodoo though, enjoy the game
its just that time inbetween, and sometimes jay says, winner will be contacted later tonight howlate??! its just knowing who wins makes you KNOW that the email has been sent

im not saying i need to know right away, its just easier
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
its just that time inbetween, and sometimes jay says, winner will be contacted later tonight howlate??! its just knowing who wins makes you KNOW that the email has been sent

im not saying i need to know right away, its just easier
Everything is easier when it comes sooner, and that completely defeats the purpose of patience Zues, you're here quite often, and I think you can handle waiting a few extra hours to know.

Let's not forget, Jay doesn't have to do these giveaways, so I consider them to be a privilege. He's asked before that these types of threads be avoided, and here is yet another one. As I stated before, if you don't get a PM, you didn't win. Simple as that. Wait an extra day to find out, it's really not that rough
Closed Thread