VGRequirements Forums

VGRequirements Forums (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/index.php)
-   Mobile Gaming (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PSPGO worth buying? (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/showthread.php?t=46)

Goliath77 09-29-2009 06:34 PM

PSPGO worth buying?

PSPGO-

Release Date: October 1st, 2009.
Features: Bluetooth
16GB Flash memory(expandable to 32GB)
Lighter and Thinner than PSP 3000
COMPLETELY DIGITAL! NO MORE UMDs :'( [Rest in peace]Wait no, they're still producing UMDs.... >_> Talk about a waste of cash....

No more built in microphone
No more UMDs(If your interested, say goodbye to buying 2nd hand UMDs.)
No more TV plugging thingy...(Can't hook up to TV and play/watch is what I mean :P)
Smaller screen
Smaller Battery life.
STILL NO 2ND ANALOG STICK!

VERDICT: NO, ITS A RIP OFF!! DON'T DO IT!

lol I'm joking, but still, it is pretty much a gimmick with the addition of bluetooth(which is almost useless), and 16gb flash memory(the only plus side really...).

Also, if you have a Memory Stick Pro DUO in your PSP already and thinkiing about using it in the GO, think again. The GO uses M2 for expandable memory so..... think it through.

Jay 09-29-2009 06:37 PM

hmmm, I am not sure.

I really like the old style PSP, this one looks cool also. I think SONY should have gone a bit more aggressive with this and priced it @ $199. I have a tough time thinking many people will buy the PSPGo over the PSP Core Pack ($169.99) or Bundle ($199) which are both cheaper than this.

Only time will tell however.

Goliath77 09-29-2009 06:41 PM

I personally think this is just a last grab at money for the PSP, until it is actually evolved into a powerful handheld. In a business perspective, it is actually a fairly smart move. They pull in what they can with the obsolete technology with almost no extra cost on production and rake in the newbies. Then they come back with force with everything the people demanded and BAM! Sitting ontop of mountains of cash on the first day of release.

Jay 09-29-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goliath77 (Post 422)
I personally think this is just a last grab at money for the PSP, until it is actually evolved into a powerful handheld. In a business perspective, it is actually a fairly smart move. They pull in what they can with the obsolete technology with almost no extra cost on production and rake in the newbies. Then they come back with force with everything the people demanded and BAM! Sitting ontop of mountains of cash on the first day of release.

Oh I agree that it is a smart move by SONY, it can help keep distribution costs of games down which means cheaper games for us in the long run :cool:

supergrass314 11-03-2009 01:43 PM

I actually still have my psp fat, boy do i feel out of date. I just hope they manage to keep the firmware secure because as long as people are able to swap out the firm ware for custom setup then people will keep pirating the games. Hopefully digital distribution will put an end to that.

kmp2253 11-03-2009 03:39 PM

I still think psp fat was the best one. The inferred on it was fun to play with. I used it as my universal remote.

supergrass314 11-05-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmp2253 (Post 12234)
I still think psp fat was the best one. The inferred on it was fun to play with. I used it as my universal remote.

How does that work?

kmp2253 11-05-2009 04:06 PM

Custom firmware and an application. Don't remember what it was called atm.

MysticStone 03-02-2010 11:04 PM

I think the $250 price tag of the PSP Go is too much, you should wait until it drops to $200.

noob1230 03-05-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticStone (Post 18509)
I think the $250 price tag of the PSP Go is too much, you should wait until it drops to $200.

dude that is still alot