VGRequirements Forums

VGRequirements Forums (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/index.php)
-   It's all Politics & Religion (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Religion and atheism (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/showthread.php?t=729)

piddles 10-06-2009 11:04 PM

Religion and atheism

atheism= 0/1

religion= 1/0

prove me wrong

Winnipeg MB 10-07-2009 01:30 AM

no clue what the 0/1 is for but im athiest so make it 1/0 and 1/0 lol ???

Mutte 10-08-2009 01:10 PM

I don't really get your point with the 0/1 and 1/0.
I'm an atheist, though my parents have baptized me. I just don't believe in all that God stuff.

*edited due to request of Goliath77 ...*

Goliath77 10-08-2009 06:50 PM

You should not try to offend people by saying "God crap," because some people actually believe in God or a higher entity/power. So just saying, try to keep the language clean. I really hope this topic doesn't stay because I know for a fact that its going to cause bad blood and pointless arguments.

Jay, if you read this, please lock and/or delete this topic.

Jay 10-08-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goliath77 (Post 2138)
You should not try to offend people by saying "God crap," because some people actually believe in God or a higher entity/power. So just saying, try to keep the language clean. I really hope this topic doesn't stay because I know for a fact that its going to cause bad blood and pointless arguments.

Jay, if you read this, please lock and/or delete this topic.

I will be updating the rules for this forum later on tonight.

Jeff5163 10-08-2009 07:13 PM

*Shrug* I'm an atheist. A lot of my Christian friends have tried convincing me to go to church and what not, but I'm firm in my beliefs.

saike 10-09-2009 04:31 AM

Agnost here :)

I simply don't know!! :D

Lopez 10-09-2009 06:34 PM

I think a problem in society these days is that a lot of people don't really know what atheism is. Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect what most of you "atheists" actually are is an agnostic.

Atheism is the frim belief that there is/are no god(s), supreme being(s) or any kind of creator or whatever. Every so often an article will crop up featuring atheists getting very visibly annoyed at religious types and vice versa. In my opinion, going full out atheist is being as close minded as they often make out religious people to be because the problem with religions is that while there is no proof that "God" exists (or whatever deity said religion follows), there is no concrete proof that he/she/it/they don't exist. This leads me onto the next group of people: Agnostics.

I am agnostic myself, what being an agnostic means is that although I don't believe in a religion/deity, I'm not going to go and say "There is definitely no god whatsoever". This leaves me fairly open minded where religion is concerned. Should something happen in the future that makes me wonder if there is a god/confirms to me that there is then I am free to follow a religion/believe in a god without compromising my prior beliefs. If I were an Atheist and such an event happened, I would however be going against things I had been saying for many years.

TL: DR? A lot of people say they're Atheist without knowing the true definition of the word.

kmp2253 10-09-2009 06:53 PM

^ Couldn't of said it better.

saike 10-09-2009 10:12 PM

We'll find out eventually won't we? :D

Or we won't ... and then it won't matter anyway!