VGRequirements Forums

VGRequirements Forums (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/index.php)
-   It's Broken! (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Problem with nvidia gt220 update. (http://forums.vgrequirements.info/showthread.php?t=9870)

eaze2009 03-23-2011 09:47 AM

Problem with nvidia gt220 update.[FIXED]
 
Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me.

my problem is that right now im using 186.34 drivers for my display card and whenever i update to 191 or 197 it works and my version is updated, but the problem is that with these version my computer keeps freezing randomly at some games and requires a manual reboot , now if i upgrade it to any other version above 197, after restart the computer says, display driver could not be found, UPDATE VIDEO BIOS. now when i revert back to my old 186 version everything goes back to normal , no freezes or glitches in game everything runs smoothly.
would anyone of you know how to fix these problems? i tried everything from a clean uninstall of drivers using Driver Cleaner Pro in safemood after uninstalling drivers from the control panel, and it still doesnt work, same problems everytime.

EDIT: i fixed it now.
i downloaded sp46253.exe , it basically updated my bios and updated my card to version 197 and after that i just uninstalled drivers properly to futher update and when i tured my computer on, windows automatically updated it to the latest 266.
isnt that great?

so help if you can;)

P.S can it be that i have to install drivers turn by turn like if its 191 i have to update to the next version first and then the next one after that instead of skipping to the latest?

($W3)HUMM3R 03-23-2011 10:02 AM

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-c...-gt-220-a.html

All I could find that looked similar to your problem.
Seems to be a hardware related issue. :/ (I didn't read it all though)

As I've never bought a Nvidia GPU I can't give you much support myself.
But from what I heard Nvidia have better software than AMD and therefor a software problem should be very strange.
Could be a compatibility issue. If some other software don't like Nvidia's updates. (Guessing)

Yea, this might seem like a stupid question but I've made the mistake myself.
Have you uninstalled your current drivers before installing the new ones? :p


Oh, and I can confirm that atleast the drivers for the AMD Radeon 6990 SUCK BALLS!

eaze2009 03-23-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ($W3)HUMM3R (Post 24750)
Yea, this might seem like a stupid question but I've made the mistake myself.
Have you uninstalled your current drivers before installing the new ones? :p

Oh, and I can confirm that atleast the drivers for the AMD Radeon 6990 SUCK BALLS!

yeah i have uninstalled my current drivers but mind telling me once again how to see i havent missed anything?

P.S can it be that i have to install drivers turn by turn like if its 191 i have to update to the next version first and then the next one after that instead of skipping to the latest?

($W3)HUMM3R 03-23-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaze2009 (Post 24751)
yeah i have uninstalled my current drivers but mind telling me once again how to see i havent missed anything?

P.S can it be that i have to install drivers turn by turn like if its 191 i have to update to the next version first and then the next one after that instead of skipping to the latest?

As I've never had a Nvidia card myself. No, no I can't. Sry. :/
All I know is that you get to choose what to do in the beginning of the install on AMD's software.

And also, as you're going to uninstall the previous driver before installing the next one. Order doesn't matter. ^^

eaze2009 03-24-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ($W3)HUMM3R (Post 24753)
As I've never had a Nvidia card myself. No, no I can't. Sry. :/
All I know is that you get to choose what to do in the beginning of the install on AMD's software.

And also, as you're going to uninstall the previous driver before installing the next one. Order doesn't matter. ^^

i fixed it now.
i downloaded sp46253.exe , it basically updated my bios and updated my card to version 197 and after that i just uninstalled drivers properly to futher update and when i tured my computer on, windows automatically updated it to the latest 266.
isnt that great?

($W3)HUMM3R 03-24-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaze2009 (Post 24755)
i fixed it now.
i downloaded sp46253.exe , it basically updated my bios and updated my card to version 197 and after that i just uninstalled drivers properly to futher update and when i tured my computer on, windows automatically updated it to the latest 266.
isnt that great?

It's always great when things work out. :)
But you shouldn't have to do a BIOS update to update you GPU drivers. xD
But as long as there's a fix for it I guess it's ok...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.